Coast Guard Functions
Coast Guard Functions cover a wide range of maritime issues related to maritime safety and security.
- Maritime safety, including vessel traffic management
- Maritime, ship and port security
- Maritime customs activities
- The prevention and suppression of trafficking and smuggling and connected maritime law enforcement
- Maritime border control
- Maritime monitoring and surveillance
- Maritime environmental protection and response
- Maritime search and rescue
- Ship casualty and maritime assistance service
- Maritime accident and disaster response
- Fisheries inspection and control
- and activities related to the above Coast Guard Functions.